JOIN THE BCB
Improve Your Company's
Image and Become a
In Your Field
BCB MEMBER BENEFITS
1. Membership Wall Certificate
2. Membership I.D. Cards
3. Vehicle & Door Logo Decals
4. Sample Contracts Meeting NYS Requirements
5. Monthly Informative Newsletters
6. Listing In Annual Consumer Guide & Member Directory
7. Annual "Home Fair" Expo
8. Member Of The Year Award
9. Mediation Of Consumer/Member Problems
10. Low Cost Medical Insurance Packages
11. Insurance Advice (At Discretion of Agent)
12. Legal Advice (At Discretion of Attorney)
13. Tax & Financial Advice (At Discretion of Accountant)
14. Right to use Logo In All Advertising
15. Listing on B.C.B. Website
16. Special Discount From B.C.B. Internet Website Designer
17. Increase of Company's Image & Reputation
18. Alliance With The NYS Attorney General's Office
19. Free Want Ad Listing In Newsletter For Sale Items
20. Business Discounts Through Paychex
21. Formal Arbitration thru The Center For Dispute Settlement
DOWNLOAD BCB ENROLLMENT APPLICATION
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A DESIGNATED "REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL" MEMBER OF THE BCB
New Contractor Member Applicants MUST Meet All The BCB Standards Of Membership Below
To Be Given The Prestigious Designation Of "Registered Professional" title.
BCB STANDARDS OF MEMBERSHIP
Members must abide by the above standards of membership or failure to do so may result in the expulsion
from the BCB.
- Member contractor applicants must be either be a Corporation , DBA or LLC.
- Members must submit proof of liability insurance and workmen's comp if they have employees.
- Member's contracts must meet all the requirements under Article 36A of the NYS Business law!
- Member applicants cannot have any unsatisfied complaints registered with the Attorney General!
- Contractor member applicants must have been in business at least one full year or have 5 years experiencein their specific trade.
- The company principle cannot have been convicted of any home improvement crime!
- Members using a P.O. Box must provide their actual address to the BCB.
- Members using a cell phone as a business number only must provide their home phone number.
- Members must respond to all customer complaints in writing within 30 days.
- Members must agree to mediate all customer disputes through the BCB's in house mediation process.
- Members must agree to appear before the Ethics committee regarding unresolved complaints.
- Members must agree to abide by the BCB Code of Ethics.
- Members must agree to pay all court judgments awarded to customers.
In addition all new member applicants are on a 1-year probationary trial period during which time
they may not use the
BCB logo in any type of permanent advertising such as the yellow Pages.