When Home Improvement Season arrives, so do the fly-by night contractors. Tools and trucks do not make a remodeling contractor. To be safe, rather than sorry, use the B.C.B. (Better Contractors Bureau) questionnaire below before you sign the contract.
1. Did I check the contractor's reputation with B.C.B.?
2. Has the contractor been established for a reasonable length of time (preferably over 1 year)?
3. Is the contractor's phone listed in the phone book?
4. Does the contractor have a bonafide address or just a PO Box?
5. Did I get 3 comparable, fully detailed estimates?
6. Has the contractor shown proof of Liability and Workmen's Compensation?.
7. Is the contractor a member of the B.C.B.?
8. Does the contractor's contract abide by the N.Y. State Law regarding Escrow Account and 3-Day Right of Cancellation, etc.?
9. Does the contractor use high pressure tactics or phony giveaways?
10. Does the contractor abide by building codes and obtain proper permits?
11. Has the contractor furnished customer references?
Our goal is to
"PROTECT & INFORM"
Web Site Designed & Maintained by WSD Associates